Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Due for Posting


I have been remiss since our Disney trip and need to post.  I have notes all around the house about what to post too.  Some are funny things that happened in a second, and some are much longer stories I should tell, but alas here we are: 

  • When I asked James to hold my hand inside recently, he said no.  He told me "there are no roads or cars or trucks in here, Mommy."
  • Joel Andrew hit the Kindergarten wall last week.  I have been warned about this.  The newness wears off and then he is just exhausted.  Bursting into tears for seemingly nothing, going to bed by 6:30 every night. I think we pushed through the wall though, much better this week.
  • The Kindergarten class is obsessed with football.  This is part of the reason Joel Andrew burst into tears last week.  One Mom tells me she apologizes, as she believes her son is the culprit.  Not just football, but competitive football.  I told her my husband is psyched about this.  Tell your son to keep it up.  Joel Andrew has been coming home and asking to play football every night with Daddy.  There is one way to parent.
  • I had a bunch of Mommies over last night to help get stuff ready for a Halloween party in class that we, as room parents, are hosting next week.  It is amazing how I have lived in this town and am just meeting these people now.  Everyone is very nice.  I think they think I am a bit nuts.  But in a good way?
  • James will not stop the whining, or the baby thumb, or the peeing in bed.  Put him in a pull up at night, he never pees.  No pull-up, always pees.  What's the deal? Advice on quitting baby thumb, and curbing the whining also sought here, help me peeps!
  • Joel is starting to read words and it is really cool.  Small words, but the fact that he recognizes them is awesome and makes both he and I light up with excitement.  This kid is going to be reading by Christmas I think!
  • To pack lunch or not to pack lunch, that is the question.
That's a catch up for now.  I will elaborate if I get around to it but just wanted to get some of this down.  A little snapshot of this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment