We are at home! It has been a wonderful, and challenging few days. I was banned from the computer a bit - as I was not sleeping too well and when I should have been napping I was e-mailing... But, now I am back for a quick update!
Little Joel is doing just great. He seems to love his room, his
big brother Angus and all of his fun clothes. We have been playing a bit of dress-up, which is a good thing because I am not sure how long he will fit into some of these things.
He is not too bad a night, and I am getting a hang of the mommy-duties. My mom has been FANTASTIC. Doula Hedy I will start calling her. She has done the laundry and cooked gourmet meals for us (the lunch we just had was homemade chicken cordon bleu, with mesculn greens and dressing followed by fresh berries for dessert!). She is enjoying taking breaks from her work and relaxing with her grandson.
Grandpa Dave also had a great time with the little guy, which is always so special. He sadly needed to run back to Chicago, but will hopefully be back for another visit soon. Grandma Karen has had some wonderful visits as well. Grandpa Ken could not be prouder. He is doing perhaps the most important job of all right now, keeping Big Sister Otter occupied while we figure out how to get her adjusted to her new brother!
Most of all, Big Brother Angus is doing well too. He seems to already be in love with Little Joel (how could you not be?). Well, back to doing some mommy things, and taking a nap. I do not want to loose computer time again!
PS - what do you think of Big Joel's sketchy mustache at the top of this page?
No comments:
Post a Comment