
Today we had a nice trip around, north of Boston. We spent most of the day in Lawrence, MA. We met up with Lauren and Declan in one of the old restored mills, which has been transformed into restaurant and office space. First, lunch at Sal's, then playtime at Imajine That.

Lunch worked out pretty well. The boys were entertained with the snacks both Lauren and I brought. I swear the kiddo will eat anything at the start of lunch. He is always so hungry, I can put something he has thrown on the floor twenty times in front of him but because he is starving he will eat it in twenty seconds. We also preoccupied them with "touchdown" - which Joel has learned this week. Declan took to it right away to the delight of his mommy. Brian will be psyched tonight. All in all, a great lunch - but if you get the picatta, make sure to specify you do not want marinara on your pasta. Yuck!

Then we went to Imajine That. A play place for kiddos. Imagine an entire warehouse floor stocked with toys. There was an inflatable bouncy thing (which we did not take part in), and infant room, a reading room, a "supermarket," and art room, a music room, and an entire adult-sized gym with slides and all sorts of things to climb on. It was helpful that it was adult sized because I got to go in with my man who immediately climbed up to the slide. He loves the slide! His mouth goes wide open with excitement from the second he sees it, until a few minutes after the fun.

He also seemed to enjoy the art room. Look at him using the chalk. He only tried to eat it once! All in all, a great resource about 25 minutes from my house. Lauren's family had a membership so we got in for free, but I think it is $8.75 per child, $1 per adult. I think in the winter when we need a break we will be doing this a few times. They have monthly memberships too, $20 for the first child, $10 more for any additional child.

On our way home J and I also stopped at Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury. We saw chickens, turkeys, goats and sheep and bought some delicious food. All in all, a very fun, very exhausting day!
No comments:
Post a Comment