Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Year 2

As year 2 begins I am in search of a new photo session to do monthly. For the entire first year we took "carpet photos" with both Joel (big) and my favorite stuffed animals. Angus, our french bulldog was also involved. But now I feel we are past the carpet photos (plus it is really hard to get him to stay in one place!), so it is time for a new place to take our monthly shot. Here are some attempts. Nothing is my favorite yet. I am guessing we might go with an outdoor photo with the neighbor's barn. Then, we can enjoy the seasons as they change?
He is doing really well, though I think all of the back teeth coming in are giving him a run for his money. He has a random cough now and then, and fever now and then, and crankiness now and then. And, yesterday a nose bleed to boot! But, beyond that he is a generally happy guy.
We have noticed a lot lately he is getting to be a bit of a Momma's boy. Tugging at my legs, and crying if I walk out of the room and leave him with anyone else but Dad. At least, this was noticeable in Montana. I am wondering if some more play groups are in order to help this along.
The food thing continues to be a battle (in my mind at least). I tried to drop the bottle, but the only way he will drink milk is if it is in the bottle, with a little bit of formula. We are about to run out of formula, so I need advice, quick! My Dr. said try the OJ with added calcium, but even he does not love that either. He will drink from his sippy all day if it is water or a mixture of apple juice and water, but not for anything else, advice?
Also, when does the picky food stage end? He continues to hate chicken, now most veggies - and only eats eggs on Mondays... I hope this ends!

Other than that we are (gasp!) looking forward to the end of summer and some sort of schedule. We have been running around, traveling from state to state and I am ready to be in one spot for a bit of time. Also, evening TV is getting really boring! I can't believe all of the back to school things all over the place already... Is there a school for 1 year olds?

1 comment:

  1. Picky food will continue for a long time. If Cameron wants to eat the same thing every meal I'm fine with it now! As for the sippy cup perhaps designate one as the milk cup only? Cameron loves the ones with soft nipple-like spouts. You might need to just cut the cord and follow the advice that if he really wants milk J WILL eventually drink out of a sippy cup.

    ReplyDelete