Thursday, July 14, 2011

James, Two Months Old

I am a lot behind on posts. It is actually a good thing I have had no time to post, as to recap my past week and a half: I hate having kids, I love having kids, I hate having kids, I love having kids. That is pretty much it. So, I shall move onto another topic, an update on my littlest boy (the biggest boy update will be coming soon, as he turns the big 2 next week!).

James Morris is two months old. Before he was born I was worried. I could cite many instances where the second born son was trouble. Like, big trouble. I was worried, big time, that the combination of having Joel Andrew as a big brother, and the youngest genes as well as just my constant worry during pregnancy that he was going to be a nut must also mean something... Could he be trouble? Would he be really bad?

Well, the answer is a definitive no. At least from what I can tell from this little guy already is he is nothing more than a ball of fun. He is so sweet and loving. I know this can all change in a heartbeat, but the guy just gives you smiles that would melt anything. He will just sit in his swing for hours, happily gazing out. If his reflux is not bothering him and the meds are working (they did for a bit, it was heaven) - he is a constant joy. Giggling, chatting, cooing. A real sweet boy.

If he is cranky, which is always in the car seat (his big downside, do you know how many long car rides we do?), he cries in a "Mom...please...I don't like it...Mom" sort of way, which is short cry bursts. Constant, still bothersome, but cute. When I get him out he will give me one last cry as if to say: "See, I just wanted out." He has a personality for sure.

So, the car seat is likely his more hated thing, but Walmart he really hates. Or, perhaps it is waking up in Walmart. We were on the line to check out last week and he was making the wake up noises... I lifted the umbrella and immediately he started, with a frown. He was trying to fight the cry but 5 minutes later we had full on, rapid: "Mom...please...I don't like it...Mom..." He seemed to not understand me when I told him I don't like it here either!

He loves to eat, which is refreshing since his brother did not. He also loves to poop. He wakes me up in the middle of the night just so I can be apart of his pooping sessions it seems sometimes. Nice. He is pretty good at sleeping, if I wrote this last week I would have said he was a sleeping star, but we have hit a bit of a rough patch lately.

But his most favorite of favorite things is to look at you. As long as you are looking at him and smiling he is the happiest person in the whole world. His smile is so big it fills his whole face. I have never seen something like that before. Such a good little happy man.

Happy two months! Over 15 pounds and into 6-9 month clothes already. We actually have him wearing clothes that Joel Andrew wore when he was 14 months! I am predicting that James Morris will be a great athlete, a big softie, a hit with the ladies and pretty good at school too. My perfect children!


1 comment: