First adding another wake-up, then insisting that his 5am wake up was it for the day, Now adding two more. Being up every hour from his first wake up at 12:30 or 1. I can't take it! What is going on? He is not eating, he is just hanging out and falling asleep at the boob. Can't take it. I have tried just running in and giving him the bink, sometimes this works and buys me an hour. I have tried ignoring it, and that has worked occasionally too, he grunts himself back to sleep. But I am still lying there, awake, thinking "I knew it, we were so lucky with Joel Andrew, this guy is going to be impossible."
I would let him cry, but what is the point, he will just make me get up eventually anyway. And, what if he wakes up Joel Andrew? I feel like we can't do the cry thing until it is for good. Cry it out good.
My hope after reading my old blog post is that no, he will be trained just like Joel Andrew. Am I crazy? I like to give myself the superior Mommy pat on the back that Joel Andrew sleeps so well and I attribute that to our consistency. Actually, it is pretty easy, just don't go in. They cry, oh well. No matter what. They learn there is no point in crying. The lights go out, in the crib, time for sleep. Perhaps bad parenting. But Joel Andrew learned, we taught him when he was 4 months old (10 days after that blog post from above) and he has gotten it. He is our rock star sleeper. (I hope he continues to be when we move him into a bed). I feel that he got it when he was too young to challenge otherwise. We were tough with him, but it worked. Shouldn't it work for everyone if you follow the rules, and start early enough, before they fight back? right?
Or, am I in for a possible nightmare with James? I like to say God gives us that which we can handle. And, I can't handle missing sleep. No way. Joel Andrew's 2-year appt was today, and yes we focused on him for most of it, but we also asked the Dr. about James since I feel we are spiraling into an up-all-night soon baby. Because James is at least 15 pounds, and because when he wakes up he is just doing so to party, or to hang out for like 3 sucks and then sleep again, our Dr thinks now is a good time to train him to sleep. But, we should note that at 4 months they turn a corner and we might have to do it again. I still think that they had our due date wrong, and he is 3-1/2 months now, not 2-1/2, so maybe we can fight out the battle now? So tough... But, I need my sleep! What was your struggle? Any opinions?
No comments:
Post a Comment