
We have been having a sleep battle the past few days. The books say that starting at 3 months, they can form sleep habits. So, I thought that his falling asleep on the couch at 10, and not really going to the crib until 12:30 was a bad plan. We have slowly been moving his bedtime back, and with the help of daylight savings - I am proud to say we now have an 8:00 bedtime. I am happy to do 8, and maybe could be convinced 7:30 but that is it. Joel needs to have his time with him when he gets home from work - plus, it may allow us to go out to eat once in a while with the little buddy.

Anywho, success, getting the munchkin in bed by 8! Now without too much screaming too. Good times. But, you knew this had to come out bad somewhere. For about a week in a row the little guy would start waking up around midnight, and then wake up every hour and a half from that point forward until 7:30am. Mommy was loosing it. Since Dad works, Mom is on night duty but one week in a row of this was too much and I did almost loose it this weekend. We had a big talk about this yesterday and I let the little guy know that if he did this one more night, no more Gymboree. He loves Gymboree. (it was my first threat).

Success! (Well, can you call it a success if it was just one night?). Last night he slept 9 hours straight! He woke up, ate a but then went back to bed until 7:30 am. It was beautiful. The only problem was, I couldn't get to bed until midnight because I was so fixated on worrying about the bad night I was certain would lie ahead. So, I missed out on getting at least 5 hours in a row. But hey, maybe I will go to bed early tonight and try again. Can we get the little guy to do it again? Please?

Otherwise all is getting better. Besides the sleeping, last week was rough because of his cradle crap. It was so bad that we needed to go to the Doctor's office and get antibiotics. They figured it was infected, as it was all over his head and face - on his arms, back and starting on his legs. Not pretty, and not looking like the normal cradle crap - instead it was red and puffy. With a few days of antibiotics and some hydrocortisone cream, and he is back to new. I am worried though, because I think it is the cold weather that really brings it out in him (and the last few days it has been warm). Not to mention, he slept terrible when it was really bad. So If a then b then c - what happens if this winter he is a cradle crap, non-sleeping mess? Here's hoping it is the medicine that is fixing it.

And, sorry about the R rated photo. But this had to be posted. I tried to take some cute photos of the naked guy - he loves to be naked and giggles like crazy. I thought I could get one of him while pulling his legs up to cover the R rated parts. But, then this happened. Nice buddy.
Great photos! I especially love the last one. How can you not post it? Too funny. Cameron also liked to pee when she was naked and still does it occassionally. Not quite the waterworks you get with LJ! It was hard for me to see the cradle cap in the photos but is there any thought that it could be excema instead? Excema is also linked with some allergies which explains why you would have had to cut out dairy from your diet. Congrats on getting him to an earlier bed time! I LOVE my sleep so I had Cameron going down at 8 PM by 6 weeks. Hopefully you will get used to him sleeping and get more sleep yourself :-)
ReplyDelete