
There are so many photos I would like to share, that this will come in two parts. This past weekend we visited Joel's grandparents and family in Pittsfield, Mass. It was nice to see LJ's great-grandparents, aunt and uncles and great-cousins(?) too! Above he is with Biachi and Papa (Red) for a visit. Biachi had a lot to worry about - is he comfortable, watch his head, watch what you are doing. It made me finally believe all those stories Joel had told me about Biachi removing the hot dog casing when he was younger, for fear he may choke on them. Too funny.

LJ is Biachi and Red's first Great-Grandbaby, but Grandma Ann on Joel's Dad's side laps them by a mile. We think LJ is her 10th. Below you see Aunts Ellen and June with Hannah (another one of Grandma Ann's great-grandbabies) and LJ. They had a nice play date, though LJ was a little overwhelmed at all the new faces (aren't we all, Grandma Ann had 7 children, it is hard to keep all the aunts and uncles straight), and needed a nap.

His big day yesterday wiped him out big time and at around 7:30 last night he passed out for good. This is tremendously early for him, especially considering the time change. And Mommy (and the hotel neighbors) certainly paid for it. I think he was up every hour and a half. Let's hope tonight is better.

It was so nice, as usual to stay at Cranwell. But such a different experience than before. Before I would wake up, go to the gym, maybe a massage, sit in the spa. This time we flew by the spa with the stroller while I whimpered softly. Ah, my new life does not include spa package.

But, it is all worth it to see the family react to this cute little muffin!
7:00 or 7:30 pm is actually a pretty normal bedtime right around the 3 month mark. Boys are just harder to train. We did nap CIO for Ned at 4 months and nighttime CIO at 5 months. Now they both sleep 12 hours. It is blissful - time for myself and with my husband. And they are so happy in the morning!
ReplyDeleteHe's getting so big!
Ha! I had to look up CIO! I have done that for his morning nap now, so that is all set. Well, I haven't really done anything, he just has dictated that an hour after he wakes up, he naps. But I am still trying to figure out his afternoon nap routine (and how this can mesh with our lives...). What time did they take afternoon naps around this time? Then we can work on bedtime, which I think you are right -7:30 would be good. Do they really sleep 12 hours, and then nap too? HEAVEN!
ReplyDelete