Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bubbles

I was the first person to make fun of Gymboree. Who would pay all that money to bring their kid to someplace where Moms are inevitably competitive? How much does bouncing on big orange balls and sitting under a parachute really help with development?
But I am a SAHM, and this is part of my job description. I have to try these places out. So, we have been going to Gymboree-- and I have to say Little Joel LOVES it. The first two times it was sort of lost on him, but the third time was certainly a charm. Giggling, smiling, and "tracking." He started to like tummy time, he started to try to roll over, and this week - he could not take his eyes off of the parachute. The bubbles are also his personal fav.
So, I am sure Mom's across America probably figured these things out years ago, and it would only cost them 50 cents for a jar of bubbles at the corner store. But I had no idea that I could be doing these things with him. It is like a whole new interaction we are having, and we are loving it. Now, if I can just get them to have Gymbucks work at the Gymboree outlets, then I would be a complete fan.
Above, a photo of Declan, Joel's BFF, with Joel at Gymboree class. The little guy was worn out after his first class! Also above, Joel's colorful hat which is very good at hiding the cradle crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment