Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Big Boy Room


Joel Andrew is officially a big boy!  Well, he was when he turned three, and he got this freakin' sweet car bed for his room, but a little over a month later Mommy finally got her act together to beautify the room perfectly and make sure all everything looked great for the photos.  See the design of the room and how well it blends?  Disney meets sports - Mickey fishing and playing golf in prints, sports themed bedding and curtains, a car bed.  I think it works, right?  I am pretty sure no one cares about this in my whole house but me.  I doubt anyone reading this cares either.  But my son's room is cute and it has a theme.  I am proud.


As you can see, James wanted to be a part of the photo op.  Joel Andrew really is doing great though - he is super polite, and whomever taught him to say every night at dinner: "thank you for cooking such a great meal Mommy." - I should kiss them.  He says this every night, unprompted.  Even if he immediately afterwards will say he does not want it, and will gag if we force him to take another bite.  Eh, well.  I will take what I can.  I have friends who are just having their first, right now - and I can't believe how far away that moment was, when Joel Andrew just came out.  Boy we have come a long way - but at the same time, who is this older kid looking at me?  The school bus came today - 2 more years and he will be on it.  Scary!


And also, Mommy got a big girl room as well.  I am super, super psyched!

1 comment:

  1. His room is huge! Very cute. It brings up an interesting question that I'm toying with - to have toys in the bedroom or not. Right now Cameron only has her stuffed animals and books. And she gets in enough trouble with just those!

    ReplyDelete