Sunday, August 19, 2012

Frog Catching



This weekend we had a nice and relaxing time at Bago Lake.  Yes, Daddy rushed Mommy out of the house, and sadly, Mommy's car took the brunt of his anger, but we regrouped, went up the the lake and had a nice time anyway.  There were no guests, and Auntie Jennie and Uncle Jeremy were not there either, so we just had some quality Nana and Pa time, which was lovely.

There was lots of playing in the lake, hot tubbing, delicious meals on the porch, Mommy killing it at our favorite card game, Go Spit in the Lake (aka Oh S#%T!) and walks around the circle - but most of all, our new favorite past time, catching frogs.  Mommy is a pro at catching frogs around the cabins (I have caught way more than Daddy so far), so Pa thought I might like to catch the really big frogs and took us all on a walk, to where else, Tadpole Lane.


 This place is amazing.  We caught so many frogs, and huge ones at that!  Mommy even caught two - though I had a hard time getting them into the bucket as when they jumped out of the net I freaked and would scream and run in the other direction.  After a while I held onto one to try to get Joel Andrew to pet it, and they are quite fun to hold.  Frogs are cute.

James would of course touch and pet the things, no fear.  But generally he was not interested.  Joel Andrew caught one all by himself and even got it in the bucket too!  We were super proud.  But he still shrieked when we tried to get him to touch it. The whole walk home we were all pretty proud, and I think Nana was thankful that we were done with frogs for a bit.  See attached video here, notice what Karen says just before I cut it off. We need to get some good guests next year, because I can imagine catching a bunch of these huge guys and sticking them in their car (this was Joel Husband's idea).  Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment