Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

10 Resolutions for 2013, here they go:

1. Simplicity: First and foremost, recognize that it does not need to be done all perfectly and with multiple layers.  Be as simple as possible in the execution of all things, and relax.  Not everything can get done, do the best I can.

2. Be Better: Loose those 10 pounds that came back, fit into my clothes again, be more comfortable and do not eat myself sick so often (maybe once and a while is ok!).  Be ok with loosing the ten pounds, and that is it. No more lofty goals, just get back to fitting in clothes.  Drink lots of water, and wash my face every night before bed.  Explore parabin-free cosmetics and body products.  That's all.

3. Children, more: Less housework, less organizing, less ignoring the kids and more playing, being, talking, doing with them.  Having them help me with laundry, with dinner, with everything.

4. Me time: I like going to the Spa, so make it a point to plan a full-on nice spa day once a quarter (?).  I missed both of my last two planned spa days because of work.  No more.

5. Travel: Get back to seeing new places and things!  What will Joel Husband pick for his christmas present this year (I gave him a box with multiple travel options).  Hopefully it will be a good mix of trying something new and doing things we love.

6.  Shutting down: I NEED to turn off my work email from my phone.  Not all things need to be answered at all hours. 5pm Friday - 8pm Sunday email is off (and only then a 1 hour check I am allowed Sunday night).  Mid-week only 2 nights MAX of late night working.  If I have a meeting or an event that adds up to more than 4 hours, I must take comp time in the form of a massage or an outing with the kids.  If I can't get it done, I cannot get it done.  That's it.  In order to sustain, this must occur.  Nothing must be done, no matter what, between the hours of 4:30 - 8:00 each week night, when I am driving, cooking, spending time with my family before bedtime.

7. Listen: Try new music, make playlists, and read, read, read my audiobooks during all commutes!

8.  Purge:  Get rid of all of the baby things that we no longer need.  So someone else can use them before they are outdated or recalled.

9. Sleep: self explanatory.

10. Relax: Take deep breaths.  Try yoga?  Figure something out to no longer have tantrums worse than my children, in front of my children.

This is a large list. If I can tackle them though - just think about the better Mom that would come out the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment