Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Snipits

Since I seem to not be able to remember the stories that I need to write down, or we have been so much in the thick of things lately - work - Sunday River - getting ready for the week - other things we need to do...  I just thought I would no longer wait for a good story and instead jot down some of the small snipits of time.

Today in the car I told Joel Andrew for the millionth time he was smart and handsome.  Then I said James Morris is funny and strong.  Joel Andrew responded with: "James is not funny and strong, James is a Baby and is little."

James yells: "Wass- Aaat?" at everything now.  He is very curious.  I love it and I tell him always full on, without dumbing it down what it is.  "Wass- Aaat?" "Well, James, that is Mommy's package from diaper.com so you can have a toothbrush."  His response, always, no matter what is - "Ooooh."

James also like to say "Ye-aah."  Did you have a good day at school "Ye-aah."  Is that a good dinner "Ye-ahh."  etc., etc.

Joel Andrew is up on skis now, but finds crashing into anyone on the side of the mountain is a lot more fun that trying to learn to go slow on pizza pie.  Needless to say we are holding on lift rides for now.

James Morris does not let us eat out at restaurants anymore.  He makes this horrible I want to gouge my eyes out whining noise constantly.  Last weekend I just left with him from the Matterhorn and the Joels got to have a nice dinner without us while we unpacked the car.  James, you owe me a really nice meal someday.

Having just put my work clothes on this morning, ready to go and get the boys, Joel Andrew comes out of his room, spots me and says: "Mommy, you look really pretty."

Joel Andrew dresses himself from head to toe each morning now.


No comments:

Post a Comment