Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Resolution Recap


  1. Aunt Pat needs to meet Baby James.
  2. My camp friends need to meet both my kids.
  3. Make $2,500 by selling all of the things that we do not use, do not want, do not need and are collecting dust in our house. You hear me, $2.5K. We have that much stuff. Donate or toss the remainder. Decrease possessions by 1/8.
  4. Find a craft hobby and keep with it. Previous attempts at sewing and knitting have not gone so well.
  5. Create Blog Books, paper copies of all previous blog posts.
  6. Create Yearbooks. Photo scrapbooks and DVDs since the kids were born.
  7. Go places with the kids: Bronx Zoo, Zoo in Chicago, and all the area usual’s at least one trip each. Try to double our money on the Science Museum/Children’s Museum membership I bought.
  8. No more cursing as Joel Andrew has taken to repeating everything we say.
  9. Add 25 more go to, easy dinners to the family repertoire.
  10. Be Better. Start to take care of my skin, get the lasik, and loose 20 MORE pounds, and keep the previously lost 20 off.

There they are.  My resolutions for 2012.  I meant to type this in 2012, but alas.  We do what we can (see resolutions 2013, to be posted next which hopefully will be soon).  Let's digest, how did I do?

1. Aunt Pat met Baby James!  And she has not stopped talking about it.  She loves that little guy and now we need another meeting!  She came up to visit us, which was very nice.  Perhaps an annual Baby James birthday trip is in order?

2. Camp friends have still not met my kids.  We are working on a camp friend reunion for 2013 - though no kids allowed.  At least I am hopefully that I will see them!  So, no points here.

3. I made that money no problem, and I did get rid of quite a bit of stuff.  But, now I have a whole new slew of stuff to get rid off.  I am sensing a recurring theme for resolutions here.

4. I have decided I am not a crafter.  I am a photographer.  I will keep with that.

5. Blog books done, 2012 needs to be worked on now!

6. Scrapbooks and year books only partially done...  They take a long time!  I am waiting to be laid off from my job or something to get this one done...

7. I need to go more places with my kids, work has totally slowed this down for me.  Though we did visit a ton of places in 2012.

8. I have tried to phase this out, thankfully!

9. Need to add this one back for 2013.  The 25 I added last year are getting old and tired.

10.  Must be added back to 2013...  I got the LASIK...  And I got a "face brush" for Christmas this year...  But I also gave myself 10 pounds and none of my clothes fitting me again.  Back on the lifestyle change tomorrow. I think in 2013 I am going to be realistic though...  Not to loose 20 more pounds, but to just keep the 10 I need to loose off once they are off.  That's all I ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment