Sunday, March 24, 2013
NH Maple Sugaring Weekend
This weekend the Joel's were able to go skiing for the last time, and James and I stayed home by ourselves to get caught up on laundry, buy groceries, pack for Hilton Head, get drycleaning, etc, etc. Who won out there? How do I get to be named Joel?
It wasn't all chores though, we had a good time of course. Though James has certainly entered the whiny phase of life. He also says "Mommy" about a bizallion times a day. I am pretty psyched for naptime. I cooked pretty well all weekend, including sauteed scallops over soba noodles last night. I also realized pretty quickly that my 5k running is around the corner, and I have officially gained 15 pounds since I started my job one year ago. This means that my clothes from last year, do not fit. This means that packing for Hilton Head was not pretty.
In avoidance of weight issues and impending 5k, this morning I made pancakes (whole wheat?!) - but we had run out of maple syrup! How that worked out though, as I quickly did a google search, thinking: "Isn't it maple sugaring season?" and, sure enough it is - not only that, but it is maple sugaring weekend in NH. So, in the car James and I went and we visited two sugar shacks. We are set for maple syrup now, and James was able to stomp in puddles, get covered in sticky syrup, see chicks and a few horses and eat the messiest cookie in his brother's car seat. Everyone was a winner.
I am about to start my last week of work, and then we are off to Hilton Head before I begin my new job as the Interim Administrator of the American Independence Museum. I am hoping that the eating better and exercising will all come with these changes, because it is too hard to get a grasp on now with so much going on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Congratulations on your new job!!
ReplyDelete