The Plane ride out to Chicago, was surprisingly not brutal. It was getting there that was brutal. The small snow storm that hit our area turned into 14 inches on the ground, all schools closed, but no problem with the airport - flights still going. So, we left extra early, and while I was grabbing my coffee to go - it spilled all over me and my coat, and my outfit. Deterred to change my clothes for the fact that I am heavier than I have ever been without a recent child birth to explain for it, I kept my outfit on and blotted it off and kept going. There was no time to try and find something else that would fit.
An hour and a half drive later (or an entire Peter Pan movie with opening Ads for the boys0 - we were at the airport. In the elevator going up Joel Andrew exclaimed: "Mommy, I smell coffee!" - Yeah, yes he did.
The boys adorably scarfed down egg and cheeses from DD. We got on the plane, and it started. They were pretty good, but the movie on either the iPad or the iPhone did not occupy them for more than 10 minutes at a time. DEAR MAC - PUT A BUTTON ON THE IPAD OR THE IPHONE TO MAKE IT SO THAT A 22 MONTH OLD CANNOT CONSTANTLY TURN THE MOVIE OFF AND GO INTO YOUR WORK EMAILS. THANK YOU.
They overall were great though, I cannot complain. I am hoping they will be just as great tomorrow too. The key I think is having lots of snacks, lots of movie options, we colored, we looked out the window, we were constantly occupied. It was exhausting.
On the landing it was kinda sketchy and the plan bounced around and both James and I screamed. Joel Andrew looked at us and said: "This is fun!" The ladies all around us said they did such a good job. I was proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment