Monday, July 21, 2014

Camp

Joel Andrew and James are doing a day camp which is kinda far from the house this summer. It works out because the camp has both swimming lessons as well as gymnastics lessons - so I call it a twofer, and a chance for the boys to try something different for a change.  They have only gone to the same daycare, and with Kindergarten around the corner for Joel Andrew I figured this would be the time.

In the first week of camp so far, James has loved it.  He has not cried at drop off, and he says he likes his new friend "Bastian."  (Which I came to find out was really Sebastian).  Joel Andrew went in day one super excited, but then was deflated when he came home.  I asked him why - and it turns out he is a bit "behind" on swimming.  He needs to wear his "bubble" until he gets better.  Poor guy, but an important lesson, right?  Day two wasn't too much better for him whereas James came home super psyched.

It is strange to think how different places and experiences are for my different boys.  I am glad James is finding a place to be comfortable and happy, but sad for Joel who is struggling to get comfortable and be confident.  Maybe this is a good lesson for him?  8 more days of camp left…!

No comments:

Post a Comment