Monday, July 21, 2014

Joel Andrew, 5

He did it, he is 5!  A huge number!  The big 5!

We tell everyone it is his birthday and the first thing they say is: "Oh, you must be going to school soon."  He proudly beams - "Yes, yes I am, Kindergarten!!!"

Joel Andrew is a delight.  He is smart, happy, kind and compassionate.  He generally is a wonderful big brother and looks out for James, though he can get frustrated when James does not help clean up.  The Joel Andrew way of yelling the name: "James!" is seared on my mind forever.

Joel Andrew loves the color purple, the Octonauts, and quesadilla.  He is also partial to a good steak.  I guess Moo-Cows are still his friends, but he is a bit more lenient on the eating of them this time.  He is a great eater, a great sleeper, a great listener, and a fast learner.  Really, the best kid ever.

Sometimes he maybe a little over confident (how can you blame him, he is so good at so many things?!) - and I hope this will not be shattered but rather out into some small check when he is in Kindergarten in a few short weeks.

He is willing to try new things, and he is not scared of the horrible movies his father makes him watch.  He gets super excited to do things like kayak, or ski, or catch frogs, or rally anything that Pa or Mommy or Daddy are doing.

He helps.  He will happily and excitedly set the table, and now he has fully absorbed the role of feeding Angus.  He understands that helping is important.

I can't believe he is 5.  Pretty soon he will be 10, and then 30!  I hope I am around to see him have littles of his own, because I can tell already he is just going to be great at whatever he does.  I love this guy, and am lucky to have him here with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment