It's hardly any weekend that we are at Sebago solo. We had sad news on Friday and learned that Joel Husband's Grandmother, who had been suffering from an illness for a few years now, passed away. Nana and Pa needed to go be with family, and Husband and I decided to continue with the kids in Maine - my parents were already there with the kids for the long weekend that would be Joel Andrew's Maine Birthday. So, we had the lake to ourself.
It was quiet and by the end I was getting a little flustered with the laundry and the extra food and the stuff everywhere - I feel for Nana now! But it was nice to have some quiet time up there. Joel Husband had a hard time moving to our (Hall) speed which required lots of snacking, lots of drinking and lots of napping. James fit right in. Joel Andrew did too - but only because he ended up with a slight fever at the end of his birthday day.
We went for a kayak ride, we ate. We went for a swim and ate some more. There were some naps, and there was one epic long ride down the river with lunch at Rick's and a swim in the pond on the way back (which also all included drinking, snacking and napping). Joel Andrew was missing his Nana and Pa on his birthday for sure and was a bit blue but he understood about what happened to Biachi and he is excited to see everyone in Pittsfield on Wednesday and to give Papa Red a big hug. He is a good boy. How did I raise such a good boy?
And then there is James, who also had an awesome weekend but he is exhausting. His favorite thing in the whole world to say is Mommy. It is nice, but if I had $1 for every time he said it, I would have a billion dollars. Seriously. Millions and Millions. In the time it has taken me to write this blog post he has said Mommy 35 times, and he is just playing quietly at the dollhouse. This weekend he said Mommy a ton, required lots of cuddle time and was kinda a challenge. Well, he was a challenge. If he doesn't want to do something, full on tantrum. Joel Andrew never did this… I guess guys are just different.
We had a nice time with Ama and Grumpy, and the boys really enjoyed spending all that time with them. It is sad this this is the only weekend they will be up this summer! Maybe we can change that?

No comments:
Post a Comment