Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Joel Andrew's Birthday Party
This weekend we had Joel Andrew's Birthday party and it was a blast. You know it is a good time when the party lasts more than 8 hours. It began at 11:30am, and this time it was a mix of family, family friends and Joel's friends from school. One of his friend's from daycare, their Mom is also a teacher. So, here we were in our backyard with the daycare teacher at 11:30am on a Sunday, offering her a beer while the kids slide down slides. Epic Williams fashion.
I made it an Octonauts theme. Went onto their website and stole a few ideas, as well as images. I then did a google search about it, and found out that a ton of people in the UK have piecemealed together Octonauts parties, as they hardly sell themed items here in the US. I bought a "pin the eye patch on Kwazii" image, which I printed at Staples pretty large, and created a game where Peso needs help collecting the turtle eggs. (using old Easter eggs, the kids had to run, grab them and run through an obstacle course). It went pretty well if I do say so myself. Though, of course my husband outdid me with the giant water slide that he rented.
That was the BIG hit of the day, that everyone, including most of the adults loved. You know its good when adults borrow other adults bathing suits to get a turn. Gross. No, but really. It was a fun time and most of all Joel Andrew had the best time. He loved the Octonauts theme but loved seeing all of his little friends too.
Looking around at everyone there it was hard not to call most of the friends our family by now. I hope it stays that way, but I know once school starts with all the sporting games it is going to be super difficult. Not for us, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment