Friday, December 19, 2014

First Holiday Concert


I am not old enough to go to my child's holiday concert. This cannot be. This is my first thought as I sit in the audience last night while watching Joel - front dead center sing Rudolph with all of his little kindergarten friends. The second thought is we will have 11 years of this. 

Other thoughts include first graders are a lot taller than kindergarteners. I wonder what instrument each of the boys will pick in school band. Why is there no school orchestra? And, whose idea is it to keep Kindergarteners in this excited atmosphere way past their bedtime?  Our high school auditorium is super-super small…  Do I just remember my high school auditorium as bigger than what it really was?

Since work has been nuts - in hopefully a setting me up to be more calm next year way - but it is year end, and I am trying to hire two new people - and rebuild a website - and get the gifts in - and build a new budget - and finish a strategic plan - and plan a calendar for next year and more and more…  I have been a bit absentee on the home department this week.  And as such, these images are taken from another mom and not me.  Here's to a community of everyone pitching in and helping out!


No comments:

Post a Comment