Tuesday, January 13, 2015

James, the Most Amazing Skier Ever

Below please find a video of one of my most favorite things I have done in a while, and certainly my most memorable time skiing to date.  It was about two weeks ago, and it was the first time that all four of us went skiing together.


Joel Husband was worried that James was not ready, but I pushed for it and we did it.  The first run James was a little scared at the top.  There was some crying and a little bit of whining.  I immediately got nervous and I think Joel Husband was about to do the I was Right Dance.  However, once we got past the steep part, James rocked it the remainder of the way.  We got to the bottom and I was so impressed with him - but even better, he asked to go back up again.  And, added, totally unprompted - "Mommy, I promise I will be brave at the top this time."  And, brave he was.

The remainder of this run home we played follow Joelly.  I should say that Joelly was pretty good big brother but did remark that James was a bit slow…  I took a video of them falling each other down.  So cute.

I was looking forward to repeating this, this past weekend, but it didn't work out as planned.  James is getting so good - a little too confident, and a little too excited to go on the slopes with his family again.  He is 3, skis like an 8 year old with a mentality of a 3 year old.  He turns expertly and can stop on a dime… but the problem is sometimes he chooses not to stop, like what he did when he rammed into me at full speed this past weekend.  He was brought immediately off the mountain and I hope he has learned that skiing is dangerous and you need to pay attention and be safe…  We shall see.  Maybe James will be my ski racer after all?  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment