Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snowmageddon 2015


The following is a photo essay of Snowmageddon 2015 - also known as Juno, or the Blizzard of 2015. It wasn't too horrible.  We had about 30 inches of snow - and it was white out conditions.  But we were very lucky - no power outages, no real house damage, just lots and lots of fluffy white and light snow.


We also had lots of time to prep.  Really, it was an amazing storm.  I completed some projects for work I had been meaning to do, we ate really really good food.  The boys were generally well behaved, and did not do too much screen time all things considered.


Before the snow I went to the Exeter toy shop and bookshop and bought a bunch of puzzles, games, and books - and this seemed to help and keep them occupied.


We went outside briefly on each day, but as the snow was so light and fluffy and in huge piles everywhere, it was kind of lacking fun.  Not really good for snowmen, snowballs, or sledding or snowshoeing.  I guess this was good for Joel Andrew and his poor arm!






The boys enjoyed hot chocolate from Mommy and daddy's kiddie mugs, and Joel Andrew still has a tooth barely hanging on.


If I didn't worry about the Museum, and have to go there to shovel out today - I would say it would have been a nice relaxing break and good time with my guys.  It was still a good time with my guys, but I always seemed to have that worry in the background.  Now onto the next worry which is Joel Andrew's Dr appointment tomorrow!


Until the next snow storm - which we will also be well-prepared with lots of games that we haven't even tapped into yet!


Oh - and my favorite moment for the storm, with Joelly - was explaining geography to him. Why things at the equator are warmer and why countries on the other side of the world have summer now.  He listened to me table on for about 20 minutes.  It was awesome.  When I asked him where he wanted to go for February break (assuming he can't ski, and I get my way and he and I go someplace super awesome - kind of a YOLO thing…) he kept saying African or Austraila.  Here's hoping her would be ok with plain old Europe.  Or, here's hoping his bone heals and we could do whatever he wants, which just might include skiing!




No comments:

Post a Comment