Joel Andrew's kindergarten class had a Mother's Day tea at school yesterday. As per usual, I ran in 5 minutes late. But they waited for me to start. Which was nice and sad that I held everyone up. But still. All of the moms, and one dad, sat in the little chairs in rows and we waited for our littles - who now to me look so big - parade in. They sang us some songs and handed out some gifts and then we had tea and cookies and chatted. It was lovely.
My little guy was a dirty mess - in his Vineyard Vines fancy outfit - as Heather and I were told by Mrs. Middleton that Laurel and Joel had emerged from the playground covered in dirt. Still peas and carrots, those two - we took Laurel home after the Tea and the two played, and played, and dealt with James.
Below you will see some photos of what Joel made for me. As you can see, although I can get mad at him, I am generally happy and like to run(?) and play a ton, and I wear floor length black halter dresses a lot too. I laughed about the mad at me part - and then other Mom's started to share what theirs say, and we all had a good laugh. Sometimes she doesn't cook. Sometimes she yells at me. I guess sometimes we all are not perfect.
What a cute event! I was sad to learn that this Tea is only for those in Kindergarten. And I look forward to James' in two years. Next fun thing, Lads and Links. Golf with your son. They do a lot of things like this at our school which I am actually surprised about. What if you don't have a grandparent for grandparent lunch? Doesn't it make the other kids sad?



No comments:
Post a Comment