Monday, July 20, 2015

Manners

Last night - while tucking James in I decided to talk to him a bit.  He has been acting out lately, saying words he shouldn't, not listening.  Acting like a 3 year old and not a 4 year old.  My Festival is over, I'm ready to re-focus my largest energy into my family again -- and let's start with this guy.  So, I told him:

"Mommy will be spending more time with you, my big work is over."

(he smiles, grabs my neck and pulls me to his face and gives me a big kiss.)

"We are going to have lots of fun,"  I say.

He smiles more.

"And, we are going to practice manners."

His smile turns to a frown and he immediately says: "I hate that stuff."

Nice buddy.

He promised me he would try.  Today was tough.  We have a long road.  But if I am tough and stringent, I think we can make a mannered boy out of him yet.  At least I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment