It's always hard to go into work on Tuesday morning, it is like a Monday times 10. This morning I would have burst into tears if anyone tried to speak with me in the time between James' drop off, and my first work phone call at 10. I ate chocolate at my desk.
I'm trying to remember all the good things - it isn't like all the busy is bad. It is really good -- vacation time from work is spent at the lake, or maybe this summer with friends in Montana. I take a day for sanity here and there, to get the house in order and to get caught up on my running on those days, so I can be around when I am with the boys on weekends. It's not the end of all.
I guess it is just hard to fathom that it is the end of an era. I had a hard time when I was at home when the boys were little - but I had a great time taking them out and about. We had some great adventures those guys and me. We picnicked on the mall in DC, in central park, and on the Boston greenway. We rode the swan boats, and have been to the aquarium, and many museums, many, many times. I'll never forget the great nap time in the car rides home, or how it was always a good plan to take them to liquid fireworks after the Stone Zoo. Or how I would get together with all my Historic New England colleagues and their babies for a big zoo trip each year. Or that time Joel Andrew asked the Aquarium lady if he could see the leafy seadragon and I was like - sorry he is making things up and she was like - no he is not, it is on the 3rd floor. I guess I should stop whining, and be happy I got out so many times with them, dammit!
Not to mention - this era maybe gone, but a new era comes in (I sound like the Lion King). We will enjoy new things, like playing card games and dominos together; weekends away with friends where it is all about the family's doing something new together; more and more.
In the meantime, James and I technically still do have a bunch of Monday's left. And, if I created a list of top 5's - must do this spring, they would be:
- Aquarium. It's fun there. And, he will go out with me afterwards to eat seafood. (or even better, food truck!).
- Big Zoo trip - with Historic New England, maybe we can make it happen one last time!
- LegoLand - This one I may need to do on a weekend, with Daddy. Or, maybe Daddy and Joelly take a day and play hokey and we get it done in March sometime!
- Science Museum - though it would also be sad not to bring Joelly to this one.
You know what, when I actually start to write this down, I realize that it is really only an Aquarium trip I am missing. And, maybe another eye spy with my little eye visit to the MFA or another art museum with James and Ama and Grumpy, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment