James was a treat this trip. Super happy, super excited, super dancy and super fun. Then he would pass out. In a restaurant, or on me while carrying him home. Exactly the sort of thing I always wanted. My little exhausted-had too much fun guy - carrying him home and snuggling with him at night. He would wake up each morning ready to go though!
As for rides, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was his favorite. We called it "Hi-Ho" and he would ride it forever. BUT, it was the only roller coaster he would ride. He cried on Thunder Mountain and of course on the Yeti one. He would not even think about going on Splash Mountain. When the older boys broke away from us with their dads, and it was just he and I in the park, he asked to go on the carousel with me, and we did, and he smiled.
He is so excited to meet the characters now, and will always say "cheese" for a picture. I took him to the Disney Jr. thing at Hollywood studios - where you sit on the floor, which smells, and things fall at you for the ceiling, and all the adults are cramped by the end and all the toddlers are freaking out because Sophia and Mickey and Jake are on the stage. I thought we were too old for it, but he loved it and I wonder if this might be the last time now. In reality, I think he just liked doing something a little more his speed, and not being pushed on some big ride. He liked being with me. And that made the smelly smells and the back aches of this ridiculous show which I have watched what seems like 90 times now, all go away.
He loved the trip, he had his rough patches, and he is excited to grow up. But I am excited to have him at this stage. Occasional whininess and all!
PS - Addendum to this post. I created the post with the photos and titles weeks ago, and went to fill it out tonight. I then realized my original intention for the post was to tell the story of my son, in the airport, on the way home. He is wonderful and all, and a ball of fun and all, but also known as being a bit crazy. We get to the airport, and we go through security and who is stopped - not me, not Joel, not Joel Andrew, James. James has to get the "metal test" where they put the wand on him. They search his backpack, and sure enough there is a bottle of water hidden at the bottom of the bag. They test the metal wand thing, and I see on the screen: "explosives detected." WHAT? Joel Husband reminds me he probably touched all of the hand rails and benches that are right next to where Disney lets off fireworks, but still! Our one of a kind man.


No comments:
Post a Comment