Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Animal Kingdom Lodge


This visit we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was new for us.  We usually stay at Beach Club which is our home resort because we want to be by Epcot for Food and Wine, but as it was April - we enjoyed some new scenery.

Two nights, in a two bedroom room in the Kidani Villages side.  There are two sides to the lodge, Kidani and Jambo House.  Joel Husband will likely jump in on the comments on the differences between the two, but I will tell you what we thought as first impressions here.

Kidani has a much smaller welcome center, but much larger pool.  There is a huge slide (though not my favo of all Disney slides was nice), and a good "splash" park for the littles with buckets of water that fall on your heads and all sorts of hoses that shoot water at you.  Really, if you are 2-4, this is you own personal awesome playground.  There was also a nice athletic center here, though I just didn't have time.  And, the pool bar is nice and tops - they put extra salt on your margarita if you want one.

We were at the pool at the just right time and there was a "pool party" going on with games and all sorts that the kids were into.  There was a huge list of activities for the day in general that people could have enjoyed. We were busy.  My only continual complaint - and my most happiest statement about Disney, is there is too much to do!


Our room was 8,000 miles from the pool.  I'm kinda joking, but it really was.  In fact, we figured out that our room (in Kidani Village) was closer to the lobby of the Jambo House than the Lobby of Kidani Village.  This worked well for us, as we just walked everywhere.  If you were on the other side of Kidani Village and wanted to go to Jambo House and didn't want to walk 8,000 miles, you could take a shuttle, but who wants to wait for that?


So, in Kidani Village is one restaurant which I am missing right now - Nana and Pa and boys are there - and it is Indian.  There is table service bread with dippings that they have which I can't wait to hear about. It is a good resort, and I am glad we are here.  And, before I get to the next Jambo House - let me tell you the best thing about Kidani Village-- the rooms


We are in a 2-bedroom suite - which is awesome for the 6 of us, and we have Savannah views. Which is amazing.  There have been giraffes, zebra, various African cows, and of course our favorite this trip - ostrich - 50 feet from our window. Almost the whole time that we have seen.  It is awesome.  Unfortunately, the boys enjoy watching the Timon and Pumba video on safety rather than watching our animals outside the door.  It is infuriating actually. Almost 5 and 7 must be the inbewteen stage to really enjoy this epic awesomeness.  Nana, Pa, Daddy and I however enjoyed all of it and had many a drink on the balcony watching these awesome animals.


Now, the Jambo House has a pool which is great for the open and visibleness of it - you can really see better here.  The slide is about half of Kidani, but still fun.  The boys actually preferred this pool even though it was more laid back.  And, the restaurants here are awesome.  The buffet at Boma is delicious!  And tonight we are trying Jiko.  We'll let you know...

 The hall in Jambo House is something to see, really Disney has done it right.  I can't imagine a more memorable experience with Nana and Pa than sitting on the porch and watching the animals and having a glass of wine.  It was the thing that lured us back from the parks today.  We are very lucky to have this experience, I just wish the boys stopped watching the TV and enjoyed the animals more!  I feel like under 4, mezmorized - over 9 - enchanted...  In between, maybe wrong time?




No comments:

Post a Comment