We had plans to start today early in Epcot, and then go to lunch at Spice Road, then come back to the hotel for pool, then make it to the Tea at the Grand Floridian, and then go to the Magic Kingdom. Instead, we cancelled almost all of that and now it is almost 4pm and none of us have been to a park.
What, what?
When we we were in Epcot yesterday it was so hot, and the sun was blazing and we had spent the morning at Hollywood Studios, and with no strollers the boys walked the whole time (this was the one time I missed a stroller, as James would have totally napped). When we got back to the hotel finally, I was done and I was on a mission to blow up our next 24 hours.
So, here is the secret. I went to the front desk. I asked them to help me. They gave me some help. Go to the front desk of your resort, and ask questions like:
- What is the pool schedule and do you have after hours movies?
- Where is the ice machine?
- What else should we do/see while we are here? (at the Floridian they would tell you about the band that plays in the Lobby and when, etc.).
Don't ask them to do your reservations for you. It will take forever, and they will generally tell you that there is nothing left. At least, this has been my experience. You try your own way! Instead, I would say, go to your My Experience App or go online in your room and try to make your own. It will work much better and I promise I will make Joel Husband post a how to when we get back...!
Anyway, I digress. The front desk helped me to understand all the things there are to do in the hotel, and James and I enjoyed a lovely evening of one on one time while the Joel's went to the park last night.
And then I cancelled all of our next day reservations and planned for a morning at the pool, a new meal at the resort, and some blogging time (your welcome! - ha!)...
We cancelled the Tea because we figured out the tea was fancy only and not with any characters. There are a whole bunch of teas here at the Grand Floridian, and I really want to do the fancy one sometime, and Joel Husband told me I can have a spa day followed by a tea sometime. But we didn't do it this time because on Day 4 or 5 you should plan for a break, and a straight up 24 hours of relaxation. And, a fancy tea with the boys was not going to be relaxation. (FYI - when I say there are more teas, there are a ton of teas. There actually is a character Tea here where you meet Alice and the Mad Hatter, but it is only mid-week and from 1-3ish, check that... There is a PRINCESS TEA which is $333+ for one adult and one child and $234 for each additional guest! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? - we were there when it was going on, and we could see the whole thing and I can't believe people would pay that. If our family was to go it would be almost $700 to go for an hour. Are you kidding? YIKES!). Anyway, moral of the story, check which kind of tea you are signed up for.
What was awesome for relaxing day 4/5- was pool, in-room movie, listening to music in the lobby, eating at a character themed place in our hotel, watching tv in the room while mommy blogs after the pool (and packs), more pool, and then more hotel wandering.








No comments:
Post a Comment