Monday, April 4, 2016

Jamesy - Mommy Days

They are dwindling, people... And, today I chose not to take one.  Last week we took one together.  It rained, and we were couped inside.  My big outing of the day was to get groceries and buy plants to we can plant plants together and cook together.  It ended up being him upset about being on another errand, and once we got home, just wanting to do something other than the task at hand.  I found myself wondering a ton - why isn't he in that expensive preschool he loves right now?  Why is he here?

But then I remember that these days are numbered, and we should enjoy them - I just need to plan better.  We had one epic day a few weeks ago, we need to get 2-3 more in before he is done with daycare, and goes to KINDERGARTEN!  But, that will be done next week.  In the meantime... I dropped him off today at school and he happily went over to a puzzle table and was immediately sitting calm and quiet and doing a puzzle.  I went over to say goodbye and he gave me a big kiss and told me to have a great day.

Slightly guilty for leaving him at school when we could have a fun day together, I turned around on my way out to get one last glimpse, and he was busily still working, with a smile on his face.  Didn't even see me leave.  It was the right decision.  It is cold and snowing today, and I will be organizing and dealing with the puppy and going to a gym class and then the dry cleaners and then the post office.  And, he will be in school with friends playing games in structure and with people who are more patient.

So I will get things done today, but next Monday better be a Jamesy-Mommy day of epic proportions!


No comments:

Post a Comment