Sunday, April 3, 2016

It's been a While

It has been a while since my last post, and so I should just do a catch up.  Winter has ended (sort of, there was snow today and will be again tomorrow) - but for the most part we are into spring here and shut Sunday River down.  We are into the rare weekends where we actually stay at home and do not have much going on.  This was weekend #2 out of 3 for me.  I say this, and I had to work all day yesterday (Saturday) too.

Well, so what have we been doing?  Well, when you go away every single weekend (this is I realize problems we should not be thinking are actual problems but are more privilege, but alas) - there is a lot to catch up on when you finally get home. Last weekend was Easter, so we did do that with my parents, which was lovely.  But, there was also major cleaning out of the garage and more.

This weekend I did work, and we did spend time with friends, but today - Sunday, was glorious.  We did nothing today.  It was a little bit stir crazy, and I have to thank the husband for taking all the boys out to the park (including new puppy, Wim) - but it was a day of relaxing, laundry of course, and lots of FoodTV.  These days do not come around often, so I will take it.

The boys are into the Minecraft thing now.  Joel Andrew likes to build chicken coops and have lots of chickens, and then his brother logs into his world and builds a building too close to the coup and then there is screaming, fighting and tears and Minecraft needs to be put away.

James tried learning how to ride a bike with no training wheels with Daddy this weekend and there was screaming, crying and tears.

All in all, nothing too exciting to report other than Joel Andrew really wants to play minecraft, and James is holding onto those last young child stages before he goes into big boy world.  James will still give me the 4 loves: kiss, Nose-kiss, Hug and Squeeze, and he will come out of nowhere to do so during the day, and always at night just before he goes to bed.  He told the whole family today, "I wish I could marry Mommy, but I can't."

Starting next weekend will be sports.  Joel will be doing Baseball, Lacrosse, Golf, Violin, all in addition to Karate, which he already does.  It will be hectic.  It also seems that next weekend starts birthday party madness as well. It will be nice to hang out with the local crew though, and get some projects done around the house, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment