Monday, May 30, 2016

James is 5


A bit in the making - the crazy, loving, sometimes emotional, always sensitive - boy named James just turned 5 years old.


Ok so it was almost a month ago, but I am finding it hard to keep up with everything!  We have about 10 back up posts that I have drafted and need to catch up on.  June should be a big month for the blog, here. But now - more about James.


Best smile, handsome and tan guy.  Our James is growing into quite a young little man.  He is still lego obsessed, and still calls the lego directions "constructions."  He is still a sweet, sweet boy and will get tremendously upset if he thinks I am upset.  He is a Mommy's little guy and I wouldn't have it any other way.


Don't try to play Candyland with him though, because if he is not winning then he is crying.  Sore loser is not the word.  I am hoping he grows out of this, it is quite the dramatic nature.  He has also taken to be defeated when he feels he is in last place and will repeat "I'm so stupid" through tears.  Which makes me both angry and want to cry at the same time.  I am guessing this is the 4 year old leftover and I hope it will go away soon.


He will pick out excellent clothes to wear to school each day, his favorite shirt a bright yellow tennis ball color which he matches with the same color shorts.  When we go out and he needs to be handsome, he will still wear a tie - though reluctantly.


He loves Star Wars, anything Star Wars and will tell you all about Star Wars if you ask him.  He loves Chebacca, and he and his brother will play Star Wars for hours outside which is awesome.


His favorite friend is still Bubba, seconded by Sven - and he has a friend entourage that is second to none.  If we go anywhere he wants a stuffed animal. He loves stuffed animals and I am worried about what we are going to do with all of them.


He is a loving little guy - and he is ending preschool which is amazing to me.  He is going to Kindergarten.  I am pretty sure he is going to rock it - but his teachers are also going to be challenged.  His preschool didn't really let omn too much - but we already knew.  He has a hard time sitting still on someone else's program.  If he wants to build a puzzle, or build a lego, or watch a specific TV show - he will, no problem.  But ask him to sit for Circle when it's not really his thing, and problem.  Here's hoping we can work with him this summer to really prep him for success in the fall.


He is a good guy.  And a great dancer.  If I could pick what he would be when he grows up, I would say likely a Gronkowski.  Or maybe and Architect that likes the salsa dance in the evening.  Either way, I will always make him take me out to dinner.  And, I will try to let him win at CandyLand (though that is really hard to do!).


No comments:

Post a Comment