Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pre-Race Poetry

Here too Early.
Yet Again.
Oh Why Can't I be a Procrastinator?
How do procrastinators train, anyways?

No Line at the Port-o-Pottie.
A Line Be A-Comin'
So I best Be A-Goin.
Nothing.

Why do people wear Tutus?
Seriously, do you train in that?
Does it chaffe?
Too much wind resistance.

We sit in our cars.
By Ourselves.
We occasionally turn them on.
To fuel our cellphones.
And heat our tushies.

I will drink some coffee.
Must drink more water.
Must go to the port-o-potty.
Did I overdo it?

Line at the port-o-potty now.
Which four are assigned to my line?
Does the person in front know?
Do they pay attention?
Everyone knows everyone else.

I should probably stretch.
iPhone.
I should totally get out and stretch.
Facebook post.

How much goo is needed?
Racing strategy?
Eh.
Should have brought sunglasses.

Social Media post.
People must know
What I am about to do.
Imagine I don't finish?

National Anthem.
Why do runners not sing?
Lets Go.
Nope.  Lets wait for our corral to be called.


No comments:

Post a Comment