
I was very upset yesterday with all the plans changing the monsoon had brought and was finding that our trip was slipping away quickly, without the little guy really enjoying any of the things I thought he would enjoy. It is certainly difficult to plan a trip for a group of people, but I learned that it is especially difficult to expect everyone to want to be at the same spot three meals a day. This was the hardest thing for Joel Andrew. So, I already let you guys know in previous posts - don't expect the little guys to sit for too long. GASP - consider quick service. Gasp. Too much time in restaurants equals not enough time in parks! It also is tough being here preggers when your husband has other people to ride the rides with. I was continually upset that he kept going off to get on the roller coaster (who can blame him), but I felt left alone. Let's not forget, I am 7 months preggers here. I can be moody and emotional. But in the happiest place on earth? That, to top it all, made me the saddest!

The sadness and crankiness of me continued (I know, whine, whine, whine), when I became violently ill. This came equipped with a miniature black eye (ice really does help) because the stupid toilet seat in our hotel room is designed not to stay up for very long. Normally something I would be a fan of, but not last night. So, after being up all night and ill - probably the worst stomach bug yet, there was no way I was getting to go to Animal Kingdom today. Which was even sadder. But, sleeping in was a treat, and I woke up refreshed. When the kiddo got back for his nap I heard of all the wonderful things he did - and such a great time he had, and I was over the moon.

He went there with all the men, Pa, Grumpy, Dad and him. He went on the safari again, which is one of his favorites, and then saw a ton of animals. The petting zoo was also a plus but it seems as though the ducks remain the biggest hit. Ironic, in a place with tons of different exotic animals and the kid goes for ducks.

As you can see, he and Pa also continued to have a good time. Pa is the Joel Andrew wrangler while we are walking around the parks, they are like frick and frack. After Joel Andrew's nap we went to the Magic Kingdom, caught some rides and went on the train. Again, the birds and monorail are the best for the little guy. Our trip has come to an end, and it is very sad, but we did have a lot of happy moments. Next time I will be a little more street-wise in planning, not pregnant, and Joel Andrew will really be old enough to enjoy it all. Deuce on the other hand...
Glad to know Animal Kingdom was a hit even if you couldn't enjoy it with them. Given Cameron's love of animals we will definitely be spending a lot of time there when we go!
ReplyDelete