
Today was not the best day, though we did have our highlights. We were supposed to go to the Animal Kingdom, which we did go to... for about an hour. We had our breakfast at the Tusker House. Again, the kiddo was done. Not a fan of dining in general at this point. But, we got through it to meet Daisy. Right after breakfast everyone decided to go on the safari ride, which pregnant women are not allowed on, so I waited for them. Then the monsoons came. Torrential is not the word. I had a nice little hut all to myself until the entire country of Spain decided to "squeeze" under with me. Five minutes of the rain and we knew there was no letting up. I found the kiddo after their ride and ran to the bus. By the time I got there I was so soaked my preggo pants were see-through. There's a sight!

Kiddo did not mind though, he actually slept through the running through the rain. Nice and dry in his newly refurbished uppababy. So, we dry off an reassemble. I am again perplexed by the sudden change of plans (I do not handle change well), and we regroup. Husband and I decide it is time for some alone time. And, we take the kiddo - the three of us - the the Polynesian. Monorail (kiddo's fav thing), to enclosed space with interesting things to look at, and food. What can go wrong?

Once the monorail started working again we were off and we had a nice lunch. It was the first time the whole trip the kiddo ate his meal up. We got home to the hotel, he napped and we regrouped. Then, were ready for the Hoop De Doo Review.

The show is at Fort Wilderness, which is a boat ride away from our hotel. Lovely! The kiddo loved the boat ride, and the birds. It is a nice show, one that has not changed in years, if ever. The kid was a little restless, but did have a good time. As soon as the show started he went silent, watched intently - and when everyone clapped, he laughed and clapped as well. Very cute. The problem is it lasted about an hour and a half, which meant a very cramped baby. We decided to skip out before dessert, which was probably a really good plan as we were the first on the boat to the Magic Kingdom!

So, now we are back at the hotel. My luck continues as I started not to feel very well while we were walking around the park. We rushed home so I could lie down. And, I guess this is pretty funny, but while I was mid-sick (sorry for the goriness) the toilet seat hit me in the head, and now I have a black eye. No joke. Nice, eh? I am not having the best of luck with minor details like these but I am trying not to let it get me down like it did earlier today anymore. So what if I have a shiner. Can you imagine? I can't even say I was drinking!
Tomorrow we will try Animal Kingdom again, wish us luck! No projectile vomiting tomorrow, no monsoons. Cross your fingers.
Sorry about the foiled plans and various illnesses and meltdowns, but glad you are still having some memorable/fun times mixed in, too!
ReplyDelete