I think most of you follow this blog to hear what Joel Andrew is up to, but the original premise was for me to share some information about our happenings, and hopefully make it easier for other Mom’s out there to venture out and try a new museum, park or beach. It is in that spirit that I hope to blog in the next week – all about our trip to Disney. I know a lot of people who have impending Disney trips, so either that or if you are thinking of travelling, there is a lot that we can share!
Well, all was fine in the end; flight went off now problem and we arrived! We decided to take Disney’s Magical Express. This would be our second time taking the Magical Express. I have a selective memory, and just assumed all would be good – but Joel Husband reminded me yesterday that our last evaluation of the program was that it was “neither Magical, nor Express.”
That evaluation still stands. Kind of a nightmare. Much easier to just go to the carosuel, get your bags and get in a cab. The Magical Express is free – so there is that, but you have to go from one line to the next. And, wait for your bus. We needed to wait for two busses before we got on. And then, once on the bus you need to go through up to four stops before getting to your hotel. This all sounds like I am nit-picking. But, if you wake a 18 month old up at 5:00am, and they endure a 3 hour flight, and hardly eat – the last thing you need is the pondwater express bringing you to the park. It took us over 2 hours, and now that we are here which is fantastic – we still do not yet have our bags… I am hoping this is just a delay and not lost baggage…
Just called, bags coming. So, we are here, we have been fed (hotel quick service dining…) – and while we are theoretically unpacking the kiddo is taking a quick nap (hopefully taking a quick nap) in the bathroom of our hotel room. Then, we will meet up in a little bit and have our first park experience at Epcot tonight, to celebrate Grammie’s birthday!
Now, I should tell you a bit about our awesome hotel room. We did good. We are staying at the Contemporary Bay Lake Towers. It is right next to the Contemporary hotel (yes, the monorail goes through it), and it is brand new. All of the relatives have their own studio, but we have a 1-bedroom. This is key as the kiddo is in the master bathroom; Joel and I can be asleep in the master bedroom; and others can play cards and mingle in the living area. Also – whomever wants to take the kiddo back to the room at night will feel comfortable relaxing in our living/dining/kitchen/extra bathroom area while kiddo is sleeping. Nice set up. We brought tons of booze to be prepared to watch the Pats game on Sunday, and for general evening fun.
Glad you made it - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! Which night are you having the "reveal the new baby's gender" dinner? Can't wait to hear!
ReplyDeleteJoel looks just like his dad in the header picture!
ReplyDelete