
If you do not like to hear whining, then don't read this. The charm of having a newborn has completely warn off. I am so sick of this already and cannot wait until this kid is older. I am never going through this again!
The kid has gone from quiet nice and wonderful to constantly crying during the day, waking me up every hour at night (except for two nights ago when he slept for 5 hours straight, which I think he decided to do to just tease me), and constantly puking all over me.
I know, I sound selfish. But I can't stand this. I hate the feeling of spoiled sticky milk all over me and my clothes, and it is everywhere. I hate that I only fit into two things and have to do laundry every day. I hate that the kid won't let me get stuff done, or nap. I am tired. I am tired of this. I never liked babies, and it sure has not changed with my own.

I know, I am really mean, isn't he cute? But he is cute to the people who just hold him for five minutes. They do not have to go to the couch every hour to feed him, get puked on, then repeat process again. I am just really tired and having a bad day. I should probably just stop posting now. Maybe if I take him in the car at least I can get coffee.

Just three months and a week left, right? Then we can do cry it out, then I am going to formula. I figure if I give him the same as I gave Joel Andrew, then that is fair. We will see if I make it that far. Joel Andrew is very good at knowing when you are tending to the baby and immediately becomes unhelpful to the point of causing 10x as much work. He will spill stuff on purpose, make a mess, etc. all because the little devil knows that you cannot run after him. Awesome, can't wait to spend the night with the two of them alone tonight. I am in such a good mood for it too, aren't I?

We did go to the Lake this weekend, which is always nice and who can complain about that? But now I have 8,000 things I need to get done at home and a baby that is just crying right now at my feet and won't let me do any of them. We have ants all over our house from our toddler who meanly spills his juice and milk all over the place. My garden, the only thing that is relaxing to me is covered in weeds and it makes me so upset. I just want to have a glass of wine and take a long nap. I guess I will get to do that in a few years.
People say that I will miss it, but I know I won't. I hate this so much and knew I would. I had the worst pregnancy knowing that I was going to have to do all this all over again. I think when they opened me up and took James out I had a brief moment of craziness where I actually thought this was fun. Well, it is gone. I am back to my old self right now. How many more days of this?
Sleep deprivation (and nice clothing deprivation, and alcohol deprivation, and sanity deprivation...) is always hard!! Hang in there, you're not horrible, you're just normal and honest.
ReplyDeleteI always wonder a bit about those who gush on and on and on about how wonderful the newborn stage is. Did they just have better babies than I did? Are they better moms than me? To me, newborns = crying. Them AND me.
Though the one nice thing about the second time around was that I knew it would eventually get better - I didn't have that confidence the first time around, and I can't tell you how anxious I was that I would never, ever sleep again!
Thinking of you! And on a side note, perhaps talk to the ped about reflux meds? Could help you and James get some more rest and sanity. They absolutely saved my life with BOTH kids.
Everything is still a blur from Cameorn's newborn days. But I remember crying in the shower many times and I only had one kid! Aside from the snuggling (and the fact that I had an easy baby) the newborn time is definitely not my favorite. They are much more fun when they are more independent. Jealousy is very common with siblings - just stand firm with punishments! And any way you can afford having a bi-weekly cleaning service oome in? Heck, I'd go for that for my push present! Thinking of you too and seconding Allison's suggestion about reflux meds.
ReplyDelete