This transition has not come without tantrums though. He is full-on screaming and wailing on the floor at least three times a day now. Dad is extra patient about it and I am more: "This is unacceptable." We are finding our way. I think the tantrums have a lot to do with the change of schedule for Joel Andrew, all the people in and out and the general hub-ub though. He otherwise seems to be fine around the baby... So, I am looking forward to a routine with some Day Care this week.
I have been recovering remarkably quickly. I do not know how other c-section Moms have done it. I had (have?) and infection, cellulitis - which really freaked me out - but I have been on antibiotics and it seems to be disappearing nicely. But nothing scarier than that. Also, thinking about all those stitches in me that I cannot see and what might be going on there... I try not to think about it. The first night I was home I could not get in and out of my bed and had a massive breakdown. How am I supposed to care for the new guy with this? Just 48 hours later and I am much improved, and almost off of all pain meds. Though they are still forcing me to take the motrin. I just have to adhere to the no-lifting rule for a while, no lifting baby in the bucket, groceries, Joel Andrew. Very tough. Good thing for day care and Amma. What if I had no help?
The kiddo is a chow-hound. Born at 10 pounds, 2 ounces - left the hospital at 9 pounds 8 ounces, 48 hours later he is now 9 pounds 14 ounces. Gaining 3 ounces a day like a champ. The newborn clothes I bought him so he would have some of his own stuff barely fits. We are thinking of packing them right up and sending them over to other friends who are about to pop out boys!
Here is hoping the little man starts a better schedule. Waking up every 45 minutes to eat at night - though assisting with his rapid weight gain - is not helping Mommy's sanity. And, on that note... time to nap.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
We're Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment