We met with Jenny, Caroline and Troy. What fun we had! Troy excitedly greeted James (I think he was psyched not to be the tiniest anymore) and Caroline and Joel may have looked at each other, but were so busy roaming they hardly seemed to notice. Jenny and I enjoyed some brief catch-up time, which I hope we will extend at a later date!
The Museum is one of the better Children's Museums I have been too - and here is why. The baby area. If you have a toddler or older, and a baby - you should go here. It is perfect! They have an under 3 soft caged off safe place to play in the middle of the main floor, and it is surrounded by toddler/ older child exhibits like a fire truck, tractor, mechanic shop (Joel's favorite), fishing boat, grocery store, etc. You could stay in the baby area with your little one and see your toddler the whole time, or be with your toddler and be quite close to your baby who is trapped in the soft and enclosed baby area. I was a big fan. We stayed in there quite a bit - and the toddlers enjoyed it too!
Upstairs is even more impressive. They have a whole LL Bean area with a babbling stream, place to cut down logs, tree house, space shuttle (Joel's other big favorite) and animal room equipped with turtles and fish (live). There was also some weird exhibit about how Indian-American people live. Don't get me wrong, I love learning about it and trying to teach my children as well. The plastic Naan bread was awesome. But, one of these things was not like the other. When Joel was throwing around the plastic cow I felt like we committed a crime and needed to leave. And then I really wanted some Bhartha.
Friday, December 16, 2011
Children's Museum of Maine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We went there last summer. Pricey but fun. And I agree about the infant area - but trying to keep Jo there was a challenge. :)
ReplyDelete