Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I Love This Boy

I seem to say that over and over again. I am not sure if it was the recent rest and relaxation, the stopping of the breastfeeding (and already noticeable adjustment of attitude), or the fact that he has hit is fun age of 6-12 months, but James and I are best friends. Not to say that I did not love him before, but we had our fights, our moments. Lately he has been on my good side, 24-7 which is saying something since I get cranky easily!

I am sure he will challenge me tonight for writing this. But I will go on.

He is crawling now, everywhere. Into the fireplace, to cords that are across the room. To the garbage can to get inside. And also pulling up, on the stairs. Opening the cabinets in the kitchen. I do not remember Joel Andrew doing any of these things, let alone this fast. He army crawled for months - I think starting at 8 months; and then crawled for like a day before walking at 10-1/2 months. So this is all new territory for us.

Also, you could tell Joel Andrew "No," and he would get it. We had minimal childproofing with him. Not so sure our minimal childproofing will fly with Baby James. Husband jokes he is like a fly drawn to one of those lights - he sees danger, and he is in!

He continues to be happy. He is loving the bottle now, which is really good. I went through a moment of - hmmm, maybe I should go back and stick it out. But I have been loving the 90% diminished puking (still there, but oh so much less), and the no biting, and having me all to me again.

I also love Joel Andrew. He is in an extremely polite phase, which I hope lasts forever. If we say Thank You to him, he responds "Thank you, too." Which is the cutest thing ever. He still tantrums don't get me wrong - but he comes out of them well. He is very caring. He loves his little brother and he really missed us when we were away.

It is funny to watch the two boys together, they have such different personalities. I can't believe I thought Joel Andrew was trouble... Compared to James, he is nothing!

Today I moved James under 12 month clothes away (most to donate, some to friends, and very select items to the one bin I am allowed to keep and go through with glasses of wine when they are older, crying.) and in is the 18 months. Joel Andrew still fits into 2T. I am thinking I should just 2T for the both of them, and although it will be slightly too big for James, and slightly too small for Joel Andrew, it will make things a lot easier on Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is going well! Yes, James is in the awesome stage. But I have to warn you, Joel Andrew is heading for the kind of hellish 2.5 stage. At least that was my experience! Testing boundries, not listening, throwing things. Just a warning in case you get too used to the good times :-)

    ReplyDelete