Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Annual Trip to Maine Wildlife Park


Joel Husband took the doggies home so we had the day to ourselves to meander back home from Sebago Lake, and we made our annual trip to the Maine Wildlife park.  We had to go see the moose, duh. It was a good time, and I am realizing more and more that the stroller is no longer necessary, and/or is actually a hinderance.  How could we have reached this point so soon?  But alas we have.  For this trip I actually brought the big red wagon, and looking around at all the other smarter parents I noticed that they were making their kids walk through the park.  Seeing as we had a long ride back to Hampton Falls after this outing, and I was hoping we could have some quiet time at home when we returned so I could regroup, I should have thought this through.  Instead I was pulling and carting my two almost 40 pounders around dumbly while they sat like princes.  "Go to the wolf, Mommy!"  "I want to see the bear again, Mommy!"

All in all they were very good boys.  They loved the moose and Joel was enthralled with the constant movement of the coyote.  The smaller animals were in hiding this year, but they have all new bathrooms there which is super exciting. We had a nice snack - I neglected to pack a full lunch, but no worries, fruit, pretzels, cheese sticks did the trick.  And, as we were eating nicely and calmly on the picnic tables I watched around me as swarms of parents struggled with their kids.  The more micromanagement, the more they struggled.  One mom was pretty much forcing a sandwich down her son's throat.  Since I was day 2 after the annual cleanse, I just didn't have the energy in me to micromanage.  And, wouldn't you know it, my kids were angels.  I wonder what comes first?


Please note: sorry for the multiple posts in one day, but for some reason blogger was not letting me post the past two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment