Monday, August 19, 2013

So Tired


All this going and doing and guests and eating and having kid watchers then not having kid watchers and growing and eating and having kids grow and fight and push and shove and not listen, has made me tired.  I am very tired and very cranky.  I knew this week was going to be tough, but waking up this morning at 5:45 because my eldest, who might actually go back to sleep - his blanket fell out of bed.  I still do not know why this means everyone in the house has to get up, but alas.  This annoying act then of course made the youngest wake up - and he did not want to go back to bed.
After finally getting him back to bed - about to close my eyes to hopefully get 10 more minutes of sleep- the phone rings at 7am and it is the animal hospital (Otter is there, she had a procedure last night).  I literally asked the animal hospital "is otter dead?"  Their response, "no she is great, we just wanted to tell you to pick her up by noon."  I slammed the phone down.

I did try to take the boys on a nice walk before we left for our day of errands, clean up, packing and unpacking, cooking organizing and more yuck.  (aren't they excited they miss a day of school for this fun?) Monday's are never as fun as I think they will be, mostly because things like Otter's ear surgery happen and then we cannot have fun.

So, a walk around the lake to expel energy happened. At least it expelled my energy.  Stop picking up sticks, don't walk in the dead leaves (that may have poison something), don't run too far ahead, etc. etc. At one point James walked up to someone's private garden and plucked the only beautiful looking yet still green tomato from a plant.  We ran away quickly.  This week is not going to be the most fun.


It is actually almost comical now.  Little things are difficult.  Trying to get the movie in the car to play and husband who is about to fly off on a private jet calls into to ask how things are going?  I have two fighting over which movie to watch, trying to get them in their seats for a fun ride, trying to get the speakers to work as something is not working, and he calls in and resets the system again.  I know, no one is dying.  We are all healthy people, what is the deal, why am I whining?  White people problems.  And I am tired.

Now I have two restless kids, a in-need of rest Mommy, a whiny big doggie who is sadly in pain, and a little doggie who is just needy.  All to myself this week.  This maybe interesting.  At least I went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on food as I am not sure I can take my kids to a restaurant even for one minute to pick up food anymore.  Put them together and they are nuts!

I am writing this for posterity's sake.  When I am old and (sad?!) that they are also old and do not whine at me anymore (?!) I can look back and say: "I miss that?"


No comments:

Post a Comment