Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Water Country

Yep.  I have done it twice now.  And, what's worse, we even bought Season Passes - for 2014 - so I am guaranteed to do it at least three more times in the next 365 days...  We hung out in human soup all day long, at Water Country.  No photos, I apologize, but it is difficult to lug the big fancy camera with all the towels, snacks, and the worry of someone taking it at such a place.  So, I finally wised up and left the camera home.

We woke up thinking we would go to Funtown Splashtown.  We got in the car thinking this, but after lots of hesitancy by Joel Husband, I finally convinced him today was not our day to make that large trip, that is much closer to Sebago anyways.  As we were turning to go home, and they boys were saying "Awwweeee" with extreme disappointment, Joel Husband got the idea to go to Water Country instead, only 25 minutes from our house... Opens at 10:30 (it was 10:20 at the time), we had all the necessary equipment - it was capped off by extreme cheers from the back: "yay!" - so we did it and off we went.

It took a while to get set, get in with the passes, get a locker and life vest (if you get your deposit at the end, the life vests are actually free and much easier than adding another thing to lug in the park), sunscreened up and potty stop - we were off.  To the pirate ship we went and it was a good time.  James was hesitant, and he pulled a "shades of Mommy" thing...  He would climb to the top of the slide, full of confidence but once he got to the top he would turn back down, screaming in terror at the thought of actually sliding down.  He does not have this problem with dry slides, so I think it had something to do with the water at the bottom.  Finally I convinced him to go to the top, and I held his hand, and he went down, loved it, and we did this again, and again and again, until finally when he reached for my hand I pulled it away and he slid down by himself.  If I did this to Joel Andrew, he would have been mad at my non-trustworthy move, but James - was elated he did it by himself and wanted to go back up immediately.  I tried to take a (mental) snap shot of James' face, at the top of that dolphin slide with full grin, yelling: "hold my hand, Mommy" - so cute.  He is not going to grow up anymore is he?

Joel Andrew had a great day too.  He was off doing his own thing, going down the slides and "swimming" in the water.  We took both boys down lazy river, which was a disaster.  Whoops.  At the end of this ride Joel Husband said, we should go again - to which Joel Andrew did not reply anything - but just gave a blank stare as if to say: "are you kidding?"  It was perfect.

On the way home we stopped at the Airfield Cafe which is incredibly underutilized by this family.  It serves breakfast and lunch all day, and sits literally on an Airfield.  You can watch little planes take off and land.  Sadly none were doing that while we were there this time, but we will be back.

Good day for Daddy to play hookie!  We might only have one more this summer, Funtown will happen, we swear! Starting in September though, I think the kids will go to school 4 days a week and Mommy will adjust her schedule to being 5 hours at work a day.  This is supposed to allow me more time to go to the gym and get groceries done without having to lug the boys.  Also, it is a lot to program a 2 and 4 year old without a normal schedule...  There has been lots of fun and activity and visiting fun places, but also lots of TV watching for sure.  Hopefully with the new schedule I can take them out of school with enough time to have an activity at the end of the day sometimes, we all might win?  Even daycare, who will charge us more!

No comments:

Post a Comment