Sunday, December 8, 2013
Meeting Santa
Yesterday we met Santa. No long trip to the Burlington Mall for us this year. A new tradition, we let Santa come to us now! (He has a magical sleigh and reindeer and I have two squirmy but lovable kids and a Ford Flex - so Santa wins in the travel department). We went to the Library, Joel Andrew and James' favorite place, and saw Santa, with Laurel (Joel Andrew, and now James' girlfriend)… It was EPIC for Joel Andrew and fun for all.
Let's rewind the story to getting ready to meet Santa. I had dressed the boys in generally ok clothes. James was going to wear a sweater and we were done, but when James saw his brother wearing a button down he freaked and cried until he got to wear a "handsome shirt" as well. So, I switched gears and stuck them both in matching "handsome shirts" to which Joel Andrew added, "Can I please wear my tie?" Ever since going to the wedding in Rochester, Joel Andrew loves wearing his tie. "Of course," I exclaimed with glee, as my husband rolled his eyes. In walks James who immediately bursts out crying that he wants a tie as well. Good thing I am me, and my Mom is my Mom, as we have multiple ties to choose from for the kids, and off they went to see Santa.
The entire point of this story being - whose kids actually argue with their parents that they want to get dressed nicer? Mine. Love it. Now I am thinking a Christmas present might be lots of ties for everyday wear…
We finished the remainder of our holiday day by picking out of Christmas tree. The choices were 16 ft or 9 ft. We probably usually get an 11 foot, so we were disappointed. My husband, being my husband and being a Williams, actually considered the 16 foot for a minute before righting himself. James (pictured above) was sold on 16ft. We of course went with the sensible 9ft and had a memorable time bringing it home as every family should. Later in the day I drove behind many, many a car with a Christmas tree on top, and it does seem we all drive 5 MPH. Even Joel Husband.
Today is tree decorating day and more holiday movie time. It is the most wonderful time of the year! How much of the spinach artichoke dip to you think James will eat? I am guessing 1/2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm sad you didn't get the 16 footer
ReplyDelete