- Keep up with the Running. Try very hard not to get hurt. Add yoga. Don't get too stressed out about time. Run 5 1/2 Marathons, and try for 20 1/2 Marathons before I am 40. *Think* about trying to get a 1/2 marathon in each state down before I am 50. Sometimes it is terrible, but you've worked hard, dammit. Run, enjoy, and eat.
- Oh yeah, about that last thing... The majority of my run notes always noticed when I was carrying a few extra lindt balls from the night before. Perhaps it is time to get the every day eating in check. No worries, no dieting here people. Just eating well - and by well I mean the good for you stuff that also happens to be good. More cooking, more colors, more thinking before eating. Stop the binge eating past 8pm. I think I can never cook orecchiette pasta with sausage and kale again. Shameful things happened this week. How will I control this one?
- Writing. I always wanted to write a book about my experience in the Museum world, entitled: "Gig in the Basement." It would follow my misadventures through raising money, dealing with donors, with quirky volunteers, weird town rules, printers that speak Russian, and more. I think I should start to write that book. But it should really only be a chapter or two for the Museum part, and the rest should be other things -- and it should be for the boys. Maybe, now that we are all older, I can revamp my blog to serve this purpose. And eventually publish it into a Staples-printed book for the boys. Perhaps this should be a goal. Quite lofty. And, can't really talk about some of the Museum things yet online and all- I have a career here people... Maybe I can share some of the stories...!
- Hobby Closet. I have a closet in my office. It is *the* space in my house that has all the crap I'm not sure what to do with in it. Failed knitting attempts, high school t-shirts I was supposed to turn into a quilt. Many, many cameras, a sewing machine, pain for the dollhouse, I can go on and on. I need to clean this sucker out. Test each one, throw out all the things that do not seem feasible and focus on the one that works.
- Read. I missed reading. Read one book this year - and started many, many more. Lets start - more finishing, people.
- Visit. Aunt Pat. Twice. Come on. My only relative besides my parents. And, I haven't seen her in over a year. She lives 4 hours by car away. This is ridiculous. And all my fault.
- Drinking. Yep. Maybe I do not need a bottle of wine all the time. Maybe if we start drinking at 11am, we do not need to go full throttle until 11pm. It is time. I need to reign it in. The problem, I have likened the ability to have a glass of wine at the end of the day as a relaxation method. (do I sound like an alcoholic?). What I mean is, if I am not longer going to be having a glass of wine at the end of the day, then what will relax me? TV is too boring. Reading and hobbying, though on my list here - don't really jump out at me as fun, can't wait to do that at the end of the day things. Even running is never going to replace wine for me. As with running, I know this is a mental game. I can play it. But I also am smart enough to know there is a physical side too. What happens if the 2015 resolution of learn how to sleep better (i.e. drink more was my tactic that worked) - how will I sleep now? This will be the hard one. But, if I can solve this, perhaps lots of other good things will follow?
- Less phone. I turned the notifications off my phone and it is actually quite liberating. No phone in the car, no phone while I should be talking to kids, no phone at dinner. This will also be epically hard. Start small, right?
- See more movies. And, old fun ones I may have originally missed. Selma and Louise; Point Break; what fun stuff can the kids and I watch? Can we make a Chunky's date once a month too?
- Just overall try to be better - less wine, less phone, get rid of binge eating. Keep running, bring back reading, visit with family, enjoy my boys. Sounds easy, right?
Friday, January 15, 2016
2016 New Years Resolutions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment