Tuesday, January 19, 2016

An Evening with the Boys

I seem to do well when it is just me and the boys.  Sure, I phone in dinner generally, and sure - they watch TV while I organize the day - and sure I may put a movie on later.  But somehow, the quality time is much more quality.  Sadly, this is the best I do, but in reality, I think it is not so bad.

Tonight I asked the boys, what they want to be when they grow up:
(snapshot as of today, 4-1/2 and 6-1/2 - word for word)

Joel:
Animal Scientist
Policeman
Veterinarian
Fireman
Ambulance

James:
Vet
Fireman
Hospital
Police
Pizzaman*
Dancerman
Cookerman

Mommy (I was asked):
Travel TV Show Host
Art Curator

*James' asterisk was because after calling out Pizzaman he immediately said, and I quote (I wrote this down immediately): "Can you put the pizza man to the right?"  I inquired what he means by that and his response was basically, in the event he does not "do good" at the other stuff.  My son already has his fallback career.

We ate a "balanced dinner" of "Smorgaasboard".  It was lots of prepped foods, and they had to choose their plate but pick balance (not good or bad, but balance).  They did great.  Then, Joel said: "Chris uses a lot of spices in his cooking to balance out the taste."  I was flabbergasted.  Who is this Chris?  Joel reminds me it was a kid in the Rachael Ray's Kids Cook-Off Show.  Sometimes I think Joel Andrew has that ability to remember everything.

We then watched An American Tale.  I told Joel Andrew I watched this a million times when I was his age.  Then I explained hyperbole.  Then I could say the next line of the movie before it hit.  Maybe it was not hyberbole.

Anyway, now I want to travel the world with my boys.  I hope I get to go somewhere cool soon.

Joel just came in to tell me his reading time is over, it is 8pm. He is awesome.  He read about cage diving for Great White Sharks.  I told him I would never do that, and he said he would take me snorkeling to see "whale Sharks because they are the friendliest."  I have a smart guy. - Two smart guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment