It's a rare treat if it is a weekend, we are in Hampton Falls, and there is nothing pressing to do in the morning. Like, super rare. And, when this does happen, it reminds me of when they were real little littles. When we stayed home a bit more and my guys would wake up super early. I would pull them into my bed and snuggle with them, and if I was really lucky, they would fall back asleep in my arms. At first their early wake up calls were torturous, but then the snuggling was awesome and I remembered to love the moments.
Now that they are bigger, they wake up (after the number I tell them to wake up, in this case 8) and then come into my bed and snuggle with me. There is no more falling back asleep, and if it is the both of them that come in it usually ends in some kicking now -- but this morning it was just my Joelly and me.
He is such a mini-gentleman, he asked if "we could prepare breakfast together as a surprise to Daddy and James." As we were getting up James met us in the hallway and recounted to Joel that "I was just in your room, I went to say 'Boo!' but you were not there to say 'Boo' back." They laughed with each other - Joel tapped him on the shoulder and then they walked downstairs together.
Seems simple, but my guys are super big and this is a moment that makes me realize that. Not babies now, buddies. And, I love that they are buddies.
Not too big though, Joel Andrew just came up to ask me what I was doing and I asked him to make me breakfast too, and he said: "I can't reach the crossiants!" Time to stop writing and time to start spending the morning with my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment