Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fabulous Aunt Pat

This weekend we went to New York to visit my Great Aunt Pat (which makes her LJ's Great, Great Aunt Pat - we decided to shorten it to Fabulous Aunt Pat). It was a quick trip, but a great trip indeed!
We left first thing Saturday morning to drive down, it only takes 4 hours surprisingly enough to get to Queens from New Hampshire. First thing Sunday morning we were on the road back home. It was a nice surprise for Aunt Pat, who turned 90 years young yesterday. Look at the photos, can you believe this woman is 90? We did not want to tell her we were coming, for fear we would need to cancel last minute and create some disappointment. Luckily, all cooperated and we were able to make the quick trip.
I was surprised how judicious we were in packing, we did not bring the whole kit and kaboodle, but rather only the extreme essentials. This of course still consisted of a trunkload by the time you have clothes, cooler, pump and pack n' play...but still.

He really is the best baby ever, as he only fussed for about a grand total of ten minutes for each ride. We stopped half way and got Mom and Dad some fuel, changed the little guy and were on the road again. I think the most painful part of the trip was just lugging around the stupid pump (you knew I had to add some sort of breastfeeding comment!).
So, Aunt Pat seemed to really love the little guy. How could you not? She wanted to hold him a bunch, which really surprised us. Not that we thought she was going to want to stay away from him, but Aunt Pat seems to identify more with older individuals. I think I was the youngest person she had known until LJ came along. And even then, she and I didn't get close until my later teen years. Our relationship truly blossomed when I was past the age of 21! I guess you would know what I meant if you knew Aunt Pat. Anyway, she loved meeting him, she had a great birthday and now has an awesome flat screen TV - she is the envy of her apartment building!





No comments:

Post a Comment