The weekend started when Nana and Pa came over Friday night for a long weekend with the little guy. We went to the Spencer-Peirce Little Farm in Newbury, Mass for a local grower's dinner. It was mobbed! But, nonetheless LJ seemed to really enjoy his warm fuzzy suit, the fresh air and the live music. After an Ipswich Ale we all went down to Newburyport to Grog for dinner. LJ just sat there happy as a clam the entire time. What a great dinner companion!
Saturday rolls around and first thing we go to the Doctor's Office. I really wanted to make sure his screaming fits and refusal to BF was not something else evil and hidden. The Doctor confirmed that he is 100% a-Ok and that we should keep moving forward. We were happy to hear this, as an hour later Big Joel and I packed up, kissed the little guy goodbye and went on our way for our fun day in the city.
So many people say "Isn't it like you have always had the baby? Can't you never leave him, even for one second?" I wondered if I was a terrible mom for saying no to both these questions. I love the little guy so much, but was looking forward to 24-hours with just my husband and me. It was nice to eat at a restaurant, and actually take time to chew and swallow food. It was neat to take the stairs in the parking garage and not have to wait for an elevator. It was very fun to sleep all night long! All that being said, all day long I pointed out every stroller, every baby and every pregnant lady. I could not stop wondering what the little guy was doing, and if he missed me. Joel and I mostly talked about how our friends have just had babies (Congrats Brian and Lauren on Declan!), or about to have them, and how things will change. We are looking forward to skiing trips, play dates, and watching the kids grow.
So, a restful night was all I needed to bring me back. And, I am happy to say that I think it was what LJ needed too because he is back to eating again. I need to remember to breathe. Three months is my goal, then good or bad will come the formula - because with the bumpy ride we have had I am sure there are more hazards in the road ahead. And, as the Dr. said yesterday, and I am learning from re-reading my own posts, it is better to be a sane and happy mommy with some formula mixed in then a crazy, over-tired and depressed mommy that gives her baby 100%,
No comments:
Post a Comment