Monday, December 28, 2009

Miss Diana

Yesterday while Uncle Pat was having his Manshower (next post), LJ, Aunt Jennie, and both Grandmas went to Diana's house. Looks like the guy had a good time with all of the ladies!

Take note of him modeling some of his new Christmas wear.

Look at those two!
Somebody loves their Aunt Jennie!

Now the question for the day is, what should LJ call lovely ladies like Diana? Mrs. Gould? Aunt Diana? Miss Diana? I hear some people think you should not use Aunt unless it is the real blood thing, but that was not how I was raised, I have lots of non-blood Aunts and Uncles, still. Ideas? Thoughts?

And, even more provoking - is it Aunt (ANT) or Aunt (Ahhh-nnnt).

3 comments:

  1. Definitely Ahhh-nnt. You live in NE now! Diana looks great, all things considered. In the South we use Miss and First Name but I much prefer Mrs./Mr. and Last Name. I like the formalness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Stacey - as a New Englander I always say "ahnt," not "ant." But my husband's midwestern family would argue differently...

    Growing up I had lots of Aunties that weren't blood relatives - very close family friends. For people who were just friends of my parents (not life long friends/family friends), I always called them Mr. or Mrs. Last Name.

    Your little guy is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you just let it happen... people will introduce themselves a certain way. If LJ wants to call them aunt/ant or uncle.. he should go ahead and call them that. I don't think there are rules... I don't even call real aunts and uncles with a title... I just got used to calling them by their first names... but I guess the title is respectful for some people? I never knew that... LJ can just call me Jennie if he chooses... I hope my aunts and uncles aren't bothered by my informalness.

    ReplyDelete